Discover a career you'll love.
Interns at Capital One are involved in some of Capital One's most critical business
decisions, and work with the best and brightest in a collaborative, team-oriented
environment. You'll be a valued member of the team, interacting with business leaders
and delivering real results in this fast-paced setting. As an intern, you can
expect an unparalleled experience developing the real job skills needed for success.
Learn and grow through a great internship program offering:
- Training and Development - Hone your analytical, technical and soft skills through our award-winning Capital One University
- Executive Speakers - Hear from our senior executives as they host regular speaking engagements on timely, relevant topics
- Networking and Teambuilding Events - Engage in group social events to foster valuable networking and interpersonal skills
- Project Presentations - Take the skills and experiences that you've gained from your summer project and create a final presentation to your team's senior leadership
Analyst Internship Program
- Develop analytical tools and processes to enhance performance
- Analyze marketing channels and explore new business opportunities
- Design experiments, assess results and present recommendations
Brand Internship Program
- Champion Capital One's Brand personality and the Customer Experience
- Develop insights that drive strategy and decision making; effectively present study results and insights to business partners and stakeholders
- Drive the innovation, design, and development of creative marketing materials across a variety of channels including broadcast, direct mail, Internet, etc.
Commercial Bank Internship Program
- Research industries and markets as background work for thorough financial/credit analysis
- Spread and analyze financial statements and related material
- Write memos to include updated project and financial information
- Analyze commercial loan requests
Finance Internship Program
- Prepare financial forecasts in support of evolving product and strategy decisions
- Develop reporting and analysis to provide insight into business trends
- Participate in external financial reporting process
- Work with leaders in Business Line Finance, Treasury, Corporate Planning and Accounting
IT Internship Program
- Collect and define requirements, translating into functional design
- Review, analyze and evaluate user needs
- Assist in developing, testing, implementation of application systems
- Participate in technical design
Project Manager Internship Program
- Create and manage schedules for projects, drive results from team members, and monitor the scope and budget of the work
- Gain hands-on experience in a team setting, which will build communication, leadership, and facilitation skills while allowing for the opportunity to champion upon and deliver results
- Work on a project or program with seasoned project managers while partnering with and learning from other associates
WHAT ARE OUR ASSOCIATES SAYING?
Quite simply, the internship experience at Capital One is amazing. Instead of doing busy work, I was given real-world problems to solve. My managers actually took an interest in my thoughts on how to improve things, and several of my ideas ended up being implemented. The company really invests time and effort to ensure interns learn and grow. Training classes helped bring us up to speed quickly, and we were given many opportunities to network with both senior executives and recent hires. I would not hesitate to recommend this program to anyone!
University of Michigan, 2011
The Finance Internship Program gave me the opportunity to work in a professional environment and witness the inner workings of a great corporation. The support provided by my manager and other members of my team allowed me to develop a variety of skills throughout the summer that enabled me to make significant contributions. I also made some great new friends with other interns. Most importantly, the senior leadership teams opened up their schedules to teach us the strategies and problem-solving techniques that make Capital One a strong and growing company. Overall, the program provides a rewarding and fun professional experience valuable to any college student.
University of Virginia, 2011
During my internship with Capital One, I was able to work on real projects and build my analytical skills in a supportive and collaborative environment. The culture here is fun and laid-back, but always challenging and rigorous. As an intern, I worked with extremely talented people and had access to senior leadership. When the summer ended, I was excited about coming back to Capital One full-time!
University of Virginia, 2010
To explore all other Capital One career opportunities, visit our main careers site at capitalonecareers.com.