Discover a career you'll love.
Interns at Capital One are involved in some of Capital One's most critical business
decisions, and work with the best and brightest in a collaborative, team-oriented
environment. You'll be a valued member of the team, interacting with business leaders
and delivering real results in this fast-paced setting. As an intern, you can
expect an unparalleled experience developing the real job skills needed for success.
Learn and grow through a great internship program offering:
- Training and Development - Hone your analytical, technical and soft skills through our award-winning Capital One University
- Executive Speakers - Hear from our senior executives as they host regular speaking engagements on timely, relevant topics
- Networking and Teambuilding Events - Engage in group social events to foster valuable networking and interpersonal skills
- Project Presentations - Take the skills and experiences that you've gained from your summer project and create a final presentation to your team's senior leadership
Analyst Internship Program (Business and Operations Analysts, Statisticians)
- Develop analytical tools and processes to enhance performance
- Analyze marketing channels and explore new business opportunities
- Design experiments, assess results and present recommendations
Audit Internship Program
- Seek to understand a line of business and its strategy, processes, systems, and inherent risks
- Evaluate controls implemented by management for mitigating risks
- Test management’s controls and meet with management to observe and discuss business operations
- Identify areas for opportunity and collaborate with other auditors to dimension any issues within a line of business
Brand Internship Program
- Champion Capital One's Brand personality and the Customer Experience
- Develop insights that drive strategy and decision making; effectively present study results and insights to business partners and stakeholders
- Drive the innovation, design, and development of creative marketing materials across a variety of channels including broadcast, direct mail, Internet, etc.
Commercial Bank Internship Program
- Research industries and markets as background work for thorough financial/credit analysis
- Spread and analyze financial statements and related material
- Write memos to include updated project and financial information
- Analyze commercial loan requests
Finance Internship Program
- Prepare financial forecasts in support of evolving product and strategy decisions
- Develop reporting and analysis to provide insight into business trends
- Participate in external financial reporting process
- Work with leaders in Business Line Finance, Treasury, Corporate Planning and Accounting
IT Internship Program
- Collect and define requirements, translating into functional design
- Review, analyze and evaluate user needs
- Assist in developing, testing, implementation of application systems
- Participate in technical design
Project Manager Internship Program
- Create and manage schedules for projects, drive results from team members, and monitor the scope and budget of the work
- Gain hands-on experience in a team setting, which will build communication, leadership, and facilitation skills while allowing for the opportunity to champion upon and deliver results
- Work on a project or program with seasoned project managers while partnering with and learning from other associates
WHAT ARE OUR ASSOCIATES SAYING?
" I can't believe how much I learned as an intern at Capital One. With phenomenal training and access to company leaders invested in seeing me succeed, I was able to ramp up quickly and tackle a project that I could feel really proud of. "
Duke University, 2013
" During my internship, I was given the unique opportunity to develop a tool and present to stakeholders at many different levels within the department. Throughout my internship, Capital One provided me with a strong support network that enabled me to be an effective contributor to my team. Not only would I recommend Capital One's internship program, I would credit it with equipping interns with a strong skill set transferrable to almost any future position. "
Georgia Institute of Technology, 2013
" Capital One's open environment provided constant feedback that helped me develop my analytical, presentation, and communication skills. The culture truly emphasizes how we can support both high performance at work and interests outside the office. Capital One is a family and a lifestyle, and that is why I am came back after my internship! "
Cornell University, 2013
To explore all other Capital One career opportunities, visit our main careers site at capitalonecareers.com.